- What resources are in the Park Library?
- Can we eat & drink in the library?
- I’m lost, how do I find the Freedom Forum? Or another room in Carroll?
- Link to info. about the Curtis Media Center (building CT)
- Does the Park have a stapler? (tape, scissors, three-hole punch)
- Where are the other UNC Libraries? What are their hours?
- My book is overdue, now what?! or: What should I do if I have a fine?
- Where is the lost and found?
- What is the deal with the Kitten Cam?
- How do I get a carrel at Davis Library?
- How do I print in the Park Library?
- How do I use the CCI printer?
- How much does it cost to print?
- How do I print double sided?
- Where can I print in color?
- My phone / computer is running out of gas. How can I charge it?
- Does the Park Library have a fax machine?
Books, Newspapers and Articles
- How do I renew my books?
- How do I access journal articles off campus?
- What are Reserves?
- Can I turn in books from other libraries than Park?
- What is the Bloomberg terminal and how do I use it?
- Can I check out books if I am not a student?
- How do I request books online?
The Park Library is here to help you find the best resources. Check out our Research page to find ways to get started!
Yes! Please just be reasonable and responsible when eating, and clean up when finished.
Yes! The Park Library has staplers by the CCI printer in the middle of the library and at the desk. We also have a few other office supplies for you to use:
- three hole punch
- electric pencil sharpener
- staple remover
- paper clips
These are next to the desk across from the photocopier.
Check out the hours & locations for all of the libraries on UNC’s campus!
Fines can be complicated, so check out our page about borrowing to learn more!
Lose something? Check with the Park Library Staff at the desk. We keep lost & found items for at least 30 days, but after that, we send items to the campus-wide Alpha Phi Omega Lost and Found in the Student Union. It can be reached firstname.lastname@example.org.
Park Library loves cats! The Critter Room kitten cam is a 24 hour live-stream based out of Seattle, WA. Foster Dad John Bartlett takes in cats and their kittens to foster for the first few months before helping them to find forever homes. Read more about John or the organization he works with, Purrfect Pals.
Davis Library Graduate Carrels policy. Apply by filling out an application form available at the Davis Library Circulation desk.
The Park Library has a CCI printer located in the middle of the library near the center Macs. Read more about campus printing options.
- Select “CCI_Printing” as the printer. This should trigger a pop-up window that asks for both the ONYEN and a name for the job. Enter the information, and press enter.
- Once at the CCI printer, enter your ONYEN and password into the computer.
- Select the job that you want to print and press print.
- Black and white: $0.10
- Color: $0.30
- When printing double sided, the cost is by ink, not paper. (ie. 1 black and white double sided page = $0.20)
- In Word: Click print. In the new window, there will be a drop down menu where it says “Copies & Pages”. Select the “Layout” option, and then check the “Two Sided” box.
- In Adobe products:
- Acrobat: “Print Settings” then check the Two sided box.
- Photoshop: “Print Settings” button right under the dropdown menu for choosing a printer. Once the new popup appears, then check the “Two Sided” box.
- Illustrator: Click the “Setup” button in the lower left corner. Once the new popup appears, then check the “Two Sided” box.
- InDesign: Click the “Printer” button in the lower left corner. Once the new popup appears, then check the “Two Sided” box.
There are 4 CCI printing locations on campus. They’re in the Undergraduate Library (UL), Davis Library, the Health Sciences Library, and the Sloane Art Library (102 Hanes Art Center).
Color printing from your laptop requires you to download an additional color CCI driver.
The library has chargers that you can borrow for:
- iPhones and iPads
- Macs and PCs
We also have two Thunderbolt displays that charge and display MacBooks!
The Park does not have a fax machine. Use the Print Stop & Copy Center on the third floor of UNC Student Stores.
Faxes are 50¢ per sheet, with no charge for cover sheets and a maximum charge of $3.00.
The Bloomberg terminal is a financial database with up to date information about companies and markets worldwide. Learning to use the Bloomberg can be tricky, so check out our Bloomberg Guide or make an appointment with Stephanie to set up a time to learn it.
Books, Newspapers and Articles
Renewing books is a breeze! Go to My Library, login with your ONYEN, and click the link to your items next to “Renew”. From there, you can either select individual items to renew or press the button that says “Renew all.”
In order to access journal articles from off campus, start at the library website to reach the article or database. You will be prompted to enter your ONYEN and password; once you have, you should be able to access the article or database. If you have an problems, contact the library.
Reserves are books put on hold by professors for the students in their classes. These books are high in demand, so they are only available for two-hour checkout. If you need a reserve book, ask at the Park Library desk.
Of course! Any book from any library on UNC’s campus can be returned at the Park Library.
Yes, but first you have to head over to Davis Library to get a Borrower’s Card. Here is some more information to help you out!
- Look in the catalog for the book that you want
- Click the Carolina BLU truck icon and request it in the UNC Catalog or the Search TRLN Catalog
- You will be prompted for the library that you would like the book sent to.
- You can also submit a request directly using this book request form.
For more information, check out the Requesting a Book FAQ.