- Online Research
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Special Topics
- Student Theses
- Faculty Publications
- Books @ UNC
- DVDs, Audio CDs, and Videos
|Search for scholarly & popular magazine articles using three great databases: We recommend these three databases for research in the School of Media & Journalism: Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, and Communication and Mass Media Complete.|
The Park Library and the University of North Carolina Library subscribe to thousands of magazines, journals, and newspapers, both in print and online.
We get four papers delivered first thing in the morning—stop in for your daily newspaper fix from the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, News & Observer, and Herald-Sun!
We’ve got online news, too. See our guides to finding:
- North Carolina news (including the Daily Tar Heel)
- Newspaper articles online
- Historic U.S. news
- Television news archives
Magazines and Journals
- Browse current issues of magazines and scholarly journals in the Park Library.
- Print magazines are for use within the Library only.
- Back issues are in the stacks.
- Most journals are available online! Search the E-Journal Finder to find your favorite journal online.
But wait, there’s more!
- Browse course guides for databases specific to your class or click the Library Link in Sakai.
- Browse these subject guides.
- The Park Library has undergraduate honors theses, Master’s theses, and many PhD dissertations.
- Browse the titles of all the theses or read more information on student theses and dissertations.
- Search for UNC dissertations in ProQuest.
- Graduating? Congratulations! Be sure to submit a copy of your final approved thesis or dissertation in addition to the electronic copy you send UNC’s Graduate School.
- Browse the Spearman collection of books written by MeJo faculty.
- All faculty publications are available in Zotero.
There are over 10,000 items (including books, DVDs, videos, and more) in the Park Library’s collection and over 7 million items in the UNC Chapel Hill Library system.
In the UNC Library catalog, you can …
- Browse the Park Library’s collection of 10,000 books or browse our new books.
- Discover books written by School of Media & Journalism alumni and faculty in our Spearman collection. These books are also featured in display cases near the Park Library entrance.
Learn more about Walter Spearman.
Hundreds of DVDs and videos
- Browse the Park Library’s DVDs and videos.
- Topics include feature films, documentaries, and photojournalism.
- These may be borrowed for 3 days at a time, per our loan policies.
Additional Resources at UNC
- UNC’s Media Resources Center (aka MRC) is a fabulous resource!
- Search the MRC’s Filmfinder to find films at the MRC for borrowing or showing in class.