The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Library has over 7 million books and thousands of electronic journals. You can retrieve books at Park or any other campus library. You can access all electronic resources from on- or off-campus!
Here’s how to get started using UNC Library resources.
Step 1: Get a One Card
- A valid UNC ID card (known as a One Card) is required to borrow books.
- Only those affiliated with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (current faculty, staff or students) can get a One Card.
- If you’re not formally affiliated with UNC, you can get a Borrower’s Card from Davis Library.
- Learn more at the One Card office website.
Step 2: Activate Your One Card
- Once you’ve gotten your One Card, register your card at Davis Library so you can borrow books.
- Questions? Call Davis Circulation at (919) 962-1053.
Off-campus Access to Library Resources
- Everyone affiliated with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (current faculty, staff or students) can use library resources off-campus. An ONYEN is required to access library databases from off-campus.
- Before you register, you need to know your Person ID (PID).
- Register for your ONYEN at https://onyen.unc.edu/
- Can I use wireless in the library? Yes! Here are instructions for connecting to the UNC wireless network from UNC ITS.
- How can I get books delivered to the Park Library? Look for the Carolina BLU truck icon and request them. (read more about Carolina BLU)
- How long can I borrow books? Check out our loan policies.
- I can’t find my classroom! Where is classroom X? Check out Carroll Hall Floor Plans.
- Read more answers to Frequently Asked Questions.