The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Library has over 7 million books and thousands of electronic journals. You can retrieve books at Davis or any other campus library. You can access all electronic resources from on- or off-campus!
Here’s how to get started using UNC Library resources.
- A valid UNC ID card (known as a One Card) is required to borrow books.
- Only those affiliated with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (current faculty, staff or students) can get a OneCard.
- If you’re not formally affiliated with UNC, here are some options.
- Here’s how to get a One Card.
Step 2: Activate Your OneCard
- Once you’ve gotten your OneCard, register your card at Davis Library so you can borrow books.
- Questions? Call Davis Circulation at 962-1053.
Off-campus Access to Library Resources
- Everyone affiliated with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (current faculty, staff or students) can use library resources off-campus. An ONYEN is required to access library databases from off-campus.
- Before you register, you need to know your PID.
- Register for your Onyen at https://onyen.unc.edu/
- Can I use wireless in the library? Yes! Instructions for connecting to wireless from UNC ITS.
- How can I get books delivered to the Park Library? Request them via the Carolina BLU truck. (read more about Carolina BLU)
- How long can I borrow books? Check out our loan policies.
- I can’t find my classroom! Where is classroom x? Check out Carroll Hall Floor Plans.
- Read more answers to Frequently Asked Questions.