- What resources are in the Park Library?
- Can we eat & drink in the library?
- I’m lost, how do I find the “Freedom Forum”? Or another room in Carroll?
- Does the Park have a stapler? (tape, scissors, three-hole punch)
- Where are the other UNC Libraries? What are their hours?
- My book is overdue, now what?! or: What should I do if I have a fine?
- Where is the lost and found?
- How do I get a carrel at Davis Library?
- How do I print in the Park Library?
- My phone / Mac / PC is running out of gas. How can I charge them?
- Does the Park Library have a fax machine?
Books, Newspapers and Articles
- How do I renew my books?!
- How do I access journal articles off campus?
- What are Reserves?
- Can I turn in books from other libraries at the Park?
- What is the Bloomberg terminal and how do I use it?
- Can I check out books if I am not a student?
- How do I request books online?
- Where can I find information about newspaper circulation?
The Park Library is here to help you find the best resources. Check out our Research page to find ways to get started!
Yes! Please be reasonable and responsible when eating. In order to preserve a clean and pleasant study environment, we request that library users dispose of any food wrappers or drink containers in the appropriate trash/recycling bins, clean up any spills, and take particular care around library collections and equipment. Beside that, feel free to eat to your hearts content!
Yes! The Park Library has a stapler located near the CCI printer in the middle of the library. We also have a few other office supplies for you to use:
- three hole punch
- electric pencil sharpener
These are next to the desk across from the photocopier.
Check out the hours & locations for all of the libraries on UNC’s campus!
Fines can be complicated, so check out our page about borrowing to learn more!
Lose something? Check with the Park Library Staff at the Information Desk. We keep lost & found items for at least 30 days, but after that, we send items to campus-wide Lost and Found, at Alpha Phi Omega Lost and Found, which can be reached at 962-1044.
Davis Library Group Studies Policy / Graduate Carrels
- Registered graduate students are eligible for assignment to graduate carrels for a maximum of three continuous years.
- Undergraduates writing an Honor’s Thesis may be eligible for assignment to an open cubicle for a maximum of two semesters.
- How do I apply? Fill out an application form available at the Davis Library Circulation desk.
The Park Library has a CCI printer located in the middle of the library near the center Macs. Read more about campus printing options.
The library has chargers that you can borrow for:
- Macs and PCs
We also have two Thunderbolt displays that charge and display MacBooks!
Use the Print Stop & Copy Center on the third floor of UNC Student Stores.
Faxes are 50¢ per sheet, with no charge for cover sheets and a maximum charge of $3.00.
The Bloomberg terminal is a financial database with up to date information about companies and markets worldwide. Learning to use the Bloomberg can be tricky, so check out our Bloomberg Guide or contact Stephanie to set up a time to learn it.
Books, Newspapers and Articles
Renewing books is a breeze! Go to MyLibrary, login with your Onyen, and click the link to your items next to ‘Renew’. From there, you can either select individual items to renew or press the button that says ‘Renew all’.
In order to access journal articles from off campus, start at the library website to reach the articles. This will prompt you to put in your Onyen and password … which will let you access the article.
Reserves are books put on hold by professors for the students in their classes. These books are high in demand, so they are only available for two-hour checkout. If you need a reserve book, ask at the Park Library desk.
Of course! Any book from any library on UNC’s campus can be returned at the Park Library.
Yes, but first you have to head over to Davis Library to get a borrower’s card. Here is some more information to help you out!
- Look in the catalog for the book that you want
- Click the little truck icon in the UNC Catalog and the Search TRLN Catalog
- You will be prompted for the library that you would like the book sent to.
- You can also submit a request directly using this book request form.
For more information, check out the Requesting a Book FAQ.